- Your privacy
BuyScarvesOnline (BSO) is committed to protecting your personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) in the Privacy Act as well as other applicable legislation, such as the Spam Act, the Do Not Call Register Act, and health privacy legislation.
- What we collect and how we collect it
The personal information we collect about you depends on the dealings you have with us. Personal Information includes information about an individual who is reasonably identifiable. For example, if you: we may collect your credit card, identity and transaction details and when you use our delivery service, your name, contact details and delivery address.
you must identify yourself to purchase products online or arrange for products to be delivered to you.
- provide details to join special mailing lists or databases if you’d like to receive information about, for example, certain brands, products or designers, we may collect your name, contact details, date of birth and information about your shopping or product preferences
- make a purchase online or using an electronic device such as an iPad or when you otherwise set up an online account, we will collect your name, contact details, order details, credit card details, delivery address details and we may also ask you to provide your date of birth and gender
- provide information via social media pages such as providing your name or contact details via the BSO Facebook pages, or our Twitter or Instagram accounts or other social media sites
- create a gift registry with us, we will collect your name, contact and event details
- send us an enquiry or provide us with feedback through our online form, we will collect your name, contact details, details of your enquiry or feedback and information about our response
- Collection of personal information through websites
- Why we collect personal information
- Main purposes
The main purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information are:
We may also collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for other purposes explained at the time of collection or which are required or authorised by or under law, and for which you have provided consent.
- processing transactions and online, and delivering products and services
- to provide any associated loyalty program
- promoting BSO and its products and services, including through direct marketing, events and competitions, public relations and social media
- performing research and statistical analysis, including for customer satisfaction and product and service improvement purposes. This may include matching information we collect against other information held by third parties. (We may also use and disclose de-identified data for these purposes)
- helping us tailor existing or develop new products, services or offers, and to help us selectively target promotional offers and opportunities
- developing or seeking to deliver new ranges of products or services
- protecting the security of our online stores, staff, customers, suppliers and merchandise (including theft and fraud prevention)
- answering queries, resolving complaints and responding to social media
- recruiting staff and contractors
- general planning and administration
- Direct marketing and opting out
By providing your address, email address and telephone numbers to BSO, you consent to BSO contacting you for the purposes set out above. We may send this information in a variety of ways, including by mail, email, social media, SMS, MMS, telephone. You can opt out of being contacted by:
- contacting our us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- using the unsubscribe facility that we include in our electronic messages (eg email, SMS or MMS) to opt out of receiving those messages.
- Email and mobile communication
If you provide us with an email address or phone number, you consent to electronic communication such as notices or reminders being sent to you via that address or number. You may prefer to provide to us with your personal email address or phone number rather than, for example, an email address accessible by your work colleagues.
- Main purposes
- Who we may share your personal information with
We may share your personal information with third parties where appropriate for the purposes set out above, including:
We may ask one of these third parties to contact you directly for a specific purpose, and provide us with information collected from you in the course of providing the relevant products or services.
- financial institutions for payment processing
- BSO’s contracted service providers or partners, including: overseas and local agents, delivery and shipping providers, information technology service providers, marketing and communications agencies, research and statistical analysis providers, hard copy and electronic mail houses, manufacturers and suppliers, external business advisers (such as recruitment advisors, auditors and lawyers), and those third parties, such as insurance or credit card facilities regulatory, investigative or government bodies to comply with laws
- Cross border disclosure
We may disclose personal information to overseas recipients, who are located in places such as India, the United States of America and other countries or jurisdictions depending on the nature of the services those recipients provide to BSO (for example storing data via a cloud service, or where BSO’s customer relationship management system is hosted on servers located overseas, or where delivery address information for online orders is managed via a third party located overseas).
- Data quality and security
We hold personal information in a number of ways, including in printed documents, electronic databases and email contact lists. Printed documents may be held at BSO’s office or archived in boxes. We take reasonable steps to:
You can help us keep your information up to date, by letting us know about changes to your details.
- ensure that the personal information that we collect, use and disclose is accurate, up to date and complete and (in the case of use and disclosure) relevant;
- protect the personal information that we hold from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure;
- and destroy or permanently de-identify personal information that is no longer needed for purposes permitted by the APPs.
The steps we take to secure personal information include website protection measures, security restrictions on access to BSO’s computer systems. While we endeavour to protect the personal information of users of our website, we cannot guarantee the security of information you disclose online: you disclose that information at your own risk. If you are concerned about sending your information over the internet, you can contact BSO as set out in section 8. You can also help protect your personal information by keeping your account details confidential. If you become aware of any security breach, please let us know as soon as possible.
- Third party sites
- Access and correction
Please contact us on email@example.com if you would like to access or correct the personal information that we hold about you. We may ask you to verify your identity before processing any access or correction requests, to make sure that the personal information we hold is properly protected.
We will generally provide you with access to your personal information within 30 days, subject to some exceptions permitted by law. We will also generally provide access in the manner that you have requested (eg by providing photocopies or allowing a file to be viewed), provided it is reasonable and practicable for us to do so. We may however charge a fee to cover our reasonable costs of locating the information and providing it to you.
If you ask us to correct personal information that we hold about you, or if we are satisfied that the personal information we hold is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, we will take reasonable steps to correct that information to ensure that, having regard to the purpose for which it is held, the information is accurate, up-to-date, complete, relevant and not misleading. If we correct personal information about you, and we have previously disclosed that information to another agency or organisation that is subject to the Privacy Act, you may ask us to notify that other entity. If so, we will take reasonable steps to do so, unless this would be impracticable or unlawful.
- Complaints or Questions
- Changes to this Policy